We truly love and appreciate everything about PCA. The teachers are outstanding and the lower school administration is incredible.PCA Parent
What does PCA's Lower School offer?
PCA’s Lower School offers a nurturing environment where every child is challenged to meet their full potential as they are introduced to the world of ideas. Classrooms provide an active, vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and teachers meet each child’s individual learning needs. Small groups and differentiated instruction contribute significantly to the quality of our academic program.
We invite you to read about our Lower School curriculum and activities below!
- Biblically integrated curriculum
- Technology integrated classrooms as well as Technology classes
- Curriculum-aligned field trips and activities
- Weekly Chapel and service projects with a missions focus
- Emphasis on written communication skills through Collins Thinking and Writing Program
- Strong phonics foundation
- Bible as a core subject
- A strong math curriculum
- Strong grammar focus through Shurley Grammar
- Healthy habits feedback with the Fitnessgram program in P.E.
- World Language instruction in Spanish
- Fine Arts focus through music and art classes
- Connection to older students who serve as positive role models
- Early and Aftercare are available