What is our Early Childhood philosophy?
At PCA, we recognize that children are created by God as unique, gifted individuals with natural curiosity, creativity and a sense of wonder. PCA provides a child-centered, nurturing and safe environment that meets the individual needs of each child as they learn and grow. Students in PreK-3 through Kindergarten are considered a part of PCA's Early Childhood program. PCA's experienced teachers partner with parents in developing the mind, body and spirit of each child.
-Paige DeLeon, Lower School Principal
- Technology classes
- Gross motor skills development
- World Language introduction starting with Spanish
- Fine Arts focus through music and art classes
- Weekly Chapel and service projects
- Connection to older students who serve as positive role models to build a sense of community
- Curriculum-aligned field trips and activities
- Emphasis on pre-writing skills through Collins Writing Program
- Strong Phonics-based program
- Bible as a core subject
- Engaging thematic units promote an understanding of science and social studies
- Use of manipulatives and technology undergird a strong math curriculum
- Early and Aftercare are available
Enrichment opportunities at Prestonwood Christian Academy are designed to enhance the vertically-aligned curriculum through the addition of innovative learning experiences which extend beyond the classroom.
High Touch, High Tech (HTHT) is a hands-on, interactive, in-school science experience. Prestonwood Christian Academy teachers work with HTHT scientists to deliver high-quality, engaging science programs lasting around ninety minutes in the classrooms. Through inquiry lessons and hands-on experiments and content-based dialogue, students are exposed to curriculum-based content. The best part of HTHT for students is being involved in the process and they always get to take something home!
Reading Buddies is a Lower School program developed to promote the love of reading and mentoring. An older class is matched up with students in a younger class, and they meet monthly throughout the school year. The older students read aloud to the younger students providing a good role model as well as developing a lasting friendship. This becomes a valuable and enjoyable experience for all.
I love the friends that my children are making in the Lower School and how I can tell that these friends will be good accountability partners when they grow up.PCA Parent
Each classroom is an active, vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and students freely interact through engaging centers and play. Your child will flourish in an environment where the home, school and church work together to provide a Kingdom education.
Paige DeLeon, Lower school & early childhood principAl