PCA Hybrid Admissions
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
- ADMISSIONS EVENTS
- ADMISSIONS FORMS
- TUITION AND FEES
- AGE REQUIREMENTS
- SCHOOL RECORDS
- PERSONAL RECORDS
- TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS
- PASTORAL REFERENCE
- PARENT INTERVIEW
- ADMISSIONS TESTING
- ADMISSIONS ACCEPTANCE
Now ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
Thank you for your interest in Prestonwood Christian Academy Hybrid. We would be honored and humbled to partner with your family for a Kingdom education for your student. PCA is a school whose philosophy is grounded in Kingdom education; the partnership between home, school and the church your family attends. Our first priority is to nurture your student’s relationship with the Lord, our next responsibility is to prepare students with excellence in academics, arts and sciences for God’s plan for their lives.
The first step of the admissions process is to make an inquiry. An inquiry/apply link will be here on 2/1/21. We look forward to visiting with you soon!
Interested in visiting our campus?
School Previews are designed with prospective families and students in mind. Please join us to hear from Interim Head of School, Mr. John Klingstedt, and learn why PCA is the right fit for your family.
We are looking forward to announcing PCA Hybrid Plano Preview kickoff events. More information coming soon. Each Preview will present a choice of meeting in person at the PCA Plano Campus or via Zoom type interface.
A member of our Admissions Team looks forward to giving you an individualized tour of our campuses! Please contact us to schedule your preferred day and time!
To discuss our PCA HYBRID Plano Campus, please email us at email@example.com.
The parent questionnaire and all recommendation forms are submitted electronically through the online admissions site. Once an application is received, a link will be forwarded to the applicant that gives access to the parent portal page from which the forms can be generated.
- Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by September 1 of the year for which they are applying.
- First grade applicants must be 6 years old by September 1 of the year for which they are applying.
Kindergarten applicants must be able to care for their restroom needs independently.
There are no exceptions to these requirements.
- Kindergarten Students: Not Applicable
- First-Seventh Grade: Copies of current report card as well as previous school records (report cards and standardized test scores from the last two years), and any educational or diagnostic testing.
- Eighth-Twelfth Grade: Copies of current report card as well as previous school records (report cards and standardized test scores from the last two years), a transcript, and any educational or diagnostic testing.
- Birth Certificate: A copy is required of all applicants.
- Immunization Record: A copy of the applicant's immunization record is required. Immunization records must include month, day and year of each shot, and the health care provider's signature or stamp. Click here for detailed information on requirements for the 2020-21 school year.
- Family Photo: a 4x6 snapshot or a photo from your phone is acceptable.
- Parent Questionnaire: This form is completed online.
- If applicant is receiving classroom accommodations due to a diagnosed learning difference, please submit current diagnostic testing and/or 504 plan.
- If the applicant's parents are divorced, they must submit the most recent copy of all court documents regarding custody and educational decisions that are signed by a judge and notarized.
- Once the applicant file is complete, the parents will be contacted to schedule an interview appointment with a school administrator. This interview is an opportunity for philosophical compatibility discussions and a question and answer session. If testing is complete and results are available, scores are reviewed during the interview.
- Students entering Fifth-Twelfth Grade are asked to accompany their parents for the interview.
Testing varies by grade. Please see below for more information.
- Students applying for Second through Fourth grade will take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) at our admissions office. The cost is $140.
- Students applying for Fifth through Twelfth grade should register for the ISEE through the Educational Records Bureau at www.iseetest.org. The code for PCA is 447563. The ISEE may be taken at any location, and the score must be sent to Prestonwood Christian Academy. The cost for the ISEE ranges from $140 - $200 depending on the testing location. If an Upper School applicant has taken standardized testing such as the SAT, ACT, PLAN or PSAT within six (6) months of the application date, PCA can accept those scores for admission consideration.
Official acceptance (or non-acceptance) is communicated to all families in writing. Only a signed Contract of Enrollment guarantees enrollment for your child.
- EARLY DECISION
- SIBLING ADMISSIONS POLICY
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- TUITION REFUND PROGRAM
- NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
The requirements for consideration for Early Decision are:
- Applicants whose application files and admissions testing are complete by December 1 of the calendar year prior to the school year for which you are applying.
- Applicants for Lower School must have academic performance on or above grade level (based on the information in that applicant’s file).
- Applicants for Middle and Upper School (grades 5-12) must have a Core GPA of 3.8 or higher as reflected in their Upper School academic record.
- Teacher and principal recommendation ratings must be above average indicating academic and social readiness.
- Letters of acceptance and enrollment contracts will be offered by January 20 prior to the school year for which you are applying. Enrollment contracts must be returned by January 31.
- For more information, please call 972-930-4010.
- PCA participates in the I-20 Student Visa program.
- Students must be fluent in English. The student, or the family with whom they live, must be Christian and an active member in a Bible believing church in accordance with PCA's mission statement.
- If the student does not currently reside within the United States they must arrange to take the Independent Student Entrance Exam (ISEE) through the Educational Records Bureau. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please be advised that an additional annual tuition fee of $9,950 applies to each international student.
- The Tuition Refund Program is a program that is set up to protect the tuition investment of those families who have enrolled and paid a partial tuition, but find themselves unable to attend Prestonwood Christian Academy for specific reasons.
- More information on this program can be found under Tuition and Fees.
Prestonwood Christian Academy admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color and national or ethnic origin in administration of its education, admissions policies, tuition assistance, athletics and other school-administered programs.