Providing the resources to make Kingdom education accessible is a priority at Prestonwood Christian Academy.
Sponsor-A-Lion is the needs-based tuition assistance program for qualifying families who desire a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum taught with a biblical worldview.
- No student is given tuition assistance for academic or athletic ability. PCA does not provide merit scholarships of any kind.
- The average tuition assistance grant is not intended to cover the total tuition costs. The family is responsible for payment of the tuition and fees above the grant amount.
- Parents must re-apply each year for tuition assistance. Each year, the tuition assistance application process will include an evaluation of the level of academic effort, cooperation and commitment to Kingdom education on the part of both the parents and student.
- Students/Applicants must have either re-enrolled or have applied and been accepted in order to be considered for tuition assistance.
- Applications for admission and tuition assistance are submitted simultaneously.
The application and reward process for need-based tuition assistance is as follows:
- Parents apply for tuition assistance with a third party, FACTS (https://online.factsmgt.com/aid), no later than Jan. 31 of the spring prior to the academic school year assistance is needed, OR at the time of enrollment (whichever date is later). If the student is applying after Jan. 31, the FACTS tuition assistance application should be submitted concurrently with the application for admission. In order to process a tuition assistance application, FACTS requires that the family submit:
- Completed tax return and W-2 (if applicable) from two years prior.
2. After the FACTS application review, PCA is notified of the amount of qualified need toward the total tuition bill (of all students) for the family.
3. The qualifying amount is reviewed, and an assistance amount is determined based upon a combination of factors, including: the amount qualified for, the amount of assistance dollars available, the academic effort put forth by the student, the conduct and attitude of the student, and the level of cooperation and commitment to Kingdom education on the part of the parents.
Any questions regarding the financial assistance application process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.