What is the foundation for the Learning Lab?
Believing that all children are the image bearers of Christ and are created to be useful members of the body of Christ, Prestonwood Christian Academy is fully committed to serving students of families who desire a uniquely Christian education for their children. The established Learning Lab program enables the school to meet the diverse educational needs of each student while equipping the whole child for life from a biblical perspective.
What does the Learning Lab provide?
The Learning Lab…
- Monitors student’s academic progress
- Provides extended time on tests if needed
- Provides classroom accommodations according to the Student Support Plan
- Provides help with study skills and organizational skills
- Provides an environment with less distractions
- Provides support and training for the classroom teacher
- Provides ongoing communication between home and school
- Serves as a liaison between the student and the teacher
PCA Lower School academic support program for students with learning differences requires separate enrollment. The PCA Lower School staff uses multi-sensory, creative tools and methods to re-teach and reinforce concepts or skills through small groups. Partnering with the classroom teachers and parents, student progress is closely monitored, documented, and reported. Our goal is that the review of content and skills practiced in the PCA Learning Lab setting will transfer to improved classroom performance.
- PCA North Learning Lab Teacher