The staff of Technology Services does their best to assist students, faculty and staff members in finding success through the most up-to-date devices and systems offered in the ever-changing world of technology. Through both one-to-one support and system-wide maintenance and upgrades we are working to ensure that all PCA Lions are using the best in today's education technology innovations.
- Web Site Access
- Question Marks?
- Contact Apple for help
- Restart your Computer
- My Apple Mail is not Working
- Self Service
- Computer Cases
- Add a Printer
- Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office Products
CONTENTKEEPER KEEPS POPPING UP IN MY BROWSER WINDOW on my home wifi.
ContentKeeper is not blocking your access. Enter your username (beginning of email only--for example, jtsmith20) and password, then enter a web address in the URL search box and continue your research. You may need to open a new tab, but even if the ContentKeeper screen comes up again, enter a web address in the URL box and keep researching.
WHAT IF I CAN'T ACCESS A WEB SITE, LIKE MEMBEAN or JSTOR?
1) Try to access another website to ensure that your wifi is working properly.
2) Ensure that you are using the correct username and password. Contact either the librarian for database information or your teacher for classroom resources.
3) Try using a different browser. For example, if you are using the Safari browser on a Mac computer, try using the Google Chrome browser instead. Safari is not recommended for use with NetClassroom. Google Chrome is recommended for accessing Canvas. If you are using a Windows computer, try either FireFox or Google Chrome as an alternative to Internet Explorer.
4) Clear your browser's cache, including any cookies. Refer to your browser's "Help" feature on how to clear the cache.
I CAN'T GET IN TO NETCLASSROOM.
If you joined PCA prior to August, 2018:
Go to: www.prestonwoodchristian.org
Click on CURRENT FAMILIES
Scroll down to NetCommunity (yellow button)
Click on the Forgotten Password link at the bottom of the page
Enter your email address
Access your email and use the link in the email to reset your password
If you are a new student on or after August, 2018:
Go to: www.prestonwoodchristian.myschoolapp.com
On the MyPCA login page, click First Time Logging In
Enter your PCA Lion email
Check the box next to Password
Check your email and click on the Reset Password link
Follow instructions and set your password
MAY I CONTACT APPLE WITH A QUESTION ABOUT MY DEVICE?
YES! PCA has the following resource which can be used by staff and students that received devices as part of the 1:1 Apple for Everyone Program. We have access to this resource until June, 2020.
You can call Apple Education directly with any questions that you have about your Apple device. You can also get assistance with using Pages, Numbers, Keynote and GarageBand.
Phone Number: 800-800-2775
Hours of Operation: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM (CDT)
You will need to provide the serial number of your device to receive assistance.
HELP! MY APPLE MAIL IS NOT WORKING!
If you have already set up Apple Mail, but it is malfunctioning, you can delete the account and set it up again. You will not lose any emails.
Go to Mail > Accounts
Highlight the account you wish to delete
Click the minus sign at the bottom of that field to delete the account
Click here for instructions to set up the account again
You can access your email via Outlook at www.portal.office.com
Enter your pcalion email and your global password
Click on the Mail button
If you need to add a student printer:
Open a new Word document
Click File > Print
Click the top Printer dropdown
Click Add Printer
Select the printer you wish to add
(Printer is identified by the classroom it is adjacent to)
Click the Add button when it lights up
Continue adding the printers you wish to access