I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Comment from a recent parent survey
I love the staff, teachers, the Learning Lab and the grace and love given every day to my student.
"I love the balance of good quality education, focus on faith and family. The learning lab makes a difference for my child."
What is the foundation for the Learning Lab?
Believing that all children are the image bearers of Christ and are created to be useful members of the body of Christ, Prestonwood Christian Academy is fully committed to serving students of families who desire a uniquely Christian education for their children. The established Learning Lab program enables the school to meet the diverse educational needs of each student while equipping the whole child for life from a biblical perspective.
What does the Learning Lab provide?
The Learning Lab…
- Monitors student’s academic progress
- Provides extended time on tests if needed
- Provides classroom accommodations according to the Student Support Plan
- Provides help with study skills and organizational skills
- Provides an environment with fewer distractions
- Provides support and training for the classroom teacher
- Provides ongoing communication between home and school
- Serves as a liaison between the student and the teacher
The PCA Lower School staff uses multi-sensory, creative tools and methods to re-teach and reinforce concepts or skills through small groups. Student progress is closely monitored, documented and reported as Learning Lab teachers partner closely with the classroom teachers and parents. Our goal is that the review of content and skills practiced in the PCA Learning Lab setting will transfer to improved classroom performance.
Middle School Learning Lab students meet with Learning Lab staff during enrichment elective times. Students are given strategies for organization and time management, assistance with long-term projects and access to technology for assignments, review and enrichment. The Learning Lab monitors student progress on assignments and communicates with teachers in support of the student.