Early Childhood Philosophy
Welcome to the North Campus Early Childhood Center of Prestonwood Christian Academy!
At PCA, we recognize that children are created by God as unique, gifted individuals with natural curiosity, creativity and a sense of wonder.
These characteristics help the children to learn as they discover, explore, experiment and create. Prestonwood Christian Academy provides a child-centered, nurturing, safe environment, which meets the individual needs of each child as they learn and grow. PCA's degreed and experienced teachers partner with parents in developing the mind, body and spirit of each child.
The sequential and developmentally-appropriate curriculum provides teachers with an intentional plan for supporting children's learning while integrating biblical worldview and principles into each content area. Each classroom is an active, vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and students freely interact through engaging centers and play.
Children flourish in an environment where the home, school and church work together to provide a Kingdom education. It is a blessing to partner with parents in Kingdom education as together we disciple children to become godly young men and women.
PCA North Lower School Principal
- Technology classes
- Gross motor skills development
- World Language introduction starting with Spanish
- Fine Arts focus through music and art classes
- Weekly Chapel and service projects
- Connection to older students who serve as positive role models to build a sense of community
- Curriculum-aligned field trips and activities
- Emphasis on pre-writing skills through Collins Writing Program
- Strong Phonics-based program
- Bible as a core subject
- Engaging thematic units promote an understanding of science and social studies
- Use of manipulatives and technology undergird a strong math curriculum
- Early and Aftercare are available