The PCA Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) was created to enhance and support the relationship between PCA North families and the faculty and administration of our school. The PTF supports our school by providing funds and volunteers for classroom, grade level and school wide events.
Grade Level and Classroom Impact
● Provides funds and volunteers for our classrooms, grade level and school wide events
● Organizes grade level social events
● Coordinates classroom volunteer needs, such as copying, class parties, field trips, service events, etc.
School Wide Impact
● Raises funds for the school
● Provides volunteers for school wide events
● Promotes family fellowship
● Expresses appreciation for faculty and staff
● Coordinates school wide service projects through the Manna Monday program
● Connects new and existing families
How to Volunteer
● PTF Board Members are appointed every year and serve under the direction of the Office of Development
● Interested in serving on PTF? Contact PrestonwoodPTF@gmail.com for more information
Staff Liaison - Donna Gilson, Lower School Principal
President - Amber Holifield
Secretary & Communications - Danielle Pahlavan
Treasurer - Nick Hummel
All School Connector - Irene Cook
Faculty Enrichment - Emily Glenn
Fundraising - Stacy Poole & Ginger Weeks
Grade Level Coordinator PreK - K - Stacie Villavalzo
Grade Level Coordinator 1st - 4th Grade - Angela Emens
Grade Level Coordinator Middle School - Jamie Boswell
Grade Level Coordinator Upper School - Stacy Poole
Service - Amy Eckles
School Supplies - Margaret Sullivan
Diversity - Patty Carrion
Prayer - Kim Shirley
- Family Connections
- Family Enrichment
- Faculty Enrichment
- Grade & Class Level Events
- Used Uniform Sale Forms and Information
- PTF North on Social Media
PTF conducts several fundraising events throughout the school year. Monies raised by these events go to support the financial needs of the school. In addition to providing volunteer support for other school-wide fundraising events, the primary fundraising activities of PTF include:
- Purchase for the Pride (Scrips sales)
- Enrollment Code: DFF4143935315
When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing gift cards you can use like cash to purchase everyday items like food, gas, clothing and other essentials.
* AmazonSmile Foundation
PCA receives 0.5% of the purchase price. Select PCA as your charity of choice. You can use your existing Amazon.com account. Same product, benefits and features.
* Reward Card Programs
Kroger: Select PCA as your charity of choice (EW565)
> Tom Thumb: Select PCA as your charity of choice (#5568)
* Box Tops for Education Collection Program
Clip Box Tops off of your favorite products. Return to the containers in LS classrooms, LS lobby or US lobby. Every Box Top is worth 10 cents! Nationwide collection due dates are October and March.
PTF assists PCA staff in fulfilling one of the core tenets of our school - service! PTF plays a vital role in helping develop students’ hearts for serving others.
● Through PTF, parents coordinate grade-level service projects that support various local, regional and international ministries.
● Lower School Students participate in the Manna Monday program where students collect donated items for Upper School Service projects. Manna Monday Collection dates for 2019-2020 are as follows
September 9 & 10: Boxes of macaroni and cheese; new school supplies
October 7 & 8: Canned or boxed food items; gently used children's videos/DVDs
November 4 & 5: Gently used coats; jars of peanut butter and jelly
December 9 & 10: Gently used Beanie Babies or very small stuffed animals; new medicines- children's or adults (no liquids*)
January 13 & 14: Gently used Barbies, small toys, small matchbox cars; New toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body soap, toothpaste, individually wrapped toothbrushes, etc. (small sample sizes are best)
February 3 & 4: Gently used children's books; Baby diapers & wipes; PreNatal Vitamins - 30 day supply
March: No collections for World Impact Month
April 6 & 7: New packages of children's underwear and socks (all sizes)
May 26 - 28: Gently used backpacks (drop off in LS Lobby)
● Upper School Students participate in a Service Day distributing items collected by the Lower School to various charities.
PTF seeks to connect families and enrich the PCA family life.
● PCA Connectors plan and facilitate activities designed to connect incoming families with existing PCA families and the school.
● PTF feels strongly that all of our families need to feel connected to one another and that this connection is what makes us strong
● Come celebrate the start of a new school year with a special time of fellowship! Coffee, juice and breakfast goodies will be served. Tears and cheers will be shared by all! This “Boo-Hoo/Yahoo” event is always held on the first day of school in the Lower School Cafeteria from 8:15-9:30 a.m.
● Your child’s pre-packaged school supplies will be delivered to their classroom - no need to buy school supplies!
● Other grade level and social events exist as well to bring families together, such as spirit nights and other PCA events.
● The Used Uniform Sale is held at the end of the year and is designed to help families obtain gently used uniforms.
One of the primary functions of the PTF is to ensure that our faculty and staff feel our appreciation for the care and love they provide our children every day at school. PTF arranges the following:
● A yearly faculty appreciation breakfast
● Monthly teacher treats
● Faculty Birthday recognition
● Christmas gifts for all faculty
PTF coordinates all social events and volunteer needs for individual classes and entire grade levels through the PTF Grade Level Coordinators (GLC) and Room Moms.
● In the Lower School, every class has a Room Mom who works under the direction of the GLC with the lead teacher to coordinate events and volunteers for their classrooms.
● In the Middle and Upper School, each GLC has committee members to help coordinate events and volunteer needs for the grade.