Frequently Asked Questions
- Who takes PCAplus Virtual Academy classes?
- Why would someone take a course from PCAplus?
- What are the advantages of taking an online course from PCAplus?
- A full-time virtual academy student
- Hybrid student taking courses part-time somewhere else
- Take a course needed for graduating on time
- To accelerate graduation
- Make up course work
- To help balance academic and curricular activities
- To take a course not offered at their school
- Due to homebound reasons
- Have experience in the online educational world before college
- Students working through word processing programs often spend more time editing and revising their work.
- Shy or reserved students are more likely to participate than in the normal classroom environment.
- All lectures, notes, presentations, discussions and web links are easily accessible for student review at any time.
- When Do PCAplus Online Classes Begin?
- How long do students have to complete online courses?
- Is There a Certain Schedule Student Must Follow?
- Can Students Select Their Classes?
- Are Credits Transferable?
- Graduating from PCAplus Virtual Academy?
- Is PCAplus Virtual Academy Accredited?
- Are PCAplus Virtual Academy Courses NCAA Eligible?
Students request classes Monday through Wednesday. Typically by Sunday, students receive course verification and on Monday receive their login information. Students begin the Orientation, which gives them important information on how to work in the course system, as well as, information on the late work policy and academic integrity.
A full year course runs for 36 weeks; however, students work at their own pace and can finish a class as early as 12 weeks (or 6 weeks for a semester course) or students may even submit a course extension request if they need more time. For our elite athletes, we schedule courses for a full 12 months, but most athletes finish early.
Generally, credits from other online schools or home school are transferable as long as the other online school is accredited and/or your home school class has been verified for completion and credit is shown on a transcript. Credit for the course transfers, but GPA only includes courses take through PCAplus or PCA.
- How to Apply?
- How is Admission Determined?
- When Are Applications Due?
- Do Students Take Admission Tests?
- Do Students Have to Be Enrolled Full-Time
CURRENTLY accepting applications
- Will My Child Have a Teacher?
- Who Are PCAplus Virtual Academy Teachers?
- Are PCAplus Teachers Certified?
- How Can Students Contact Teachers?