Kingdom Parent Institute
"My favorite thing about PCA is that the kingdom education works with what we teach at home instead of teaching against what is taught at home."PCA parent
What is Kingdom Parent Institute (KPi)?
Prestonwood Christian Academy is honored to partner with Christian parents in the journey to raise godly young men and women, who are grounded in biblical truth and walking in a manner worthy of their calling. Toward that end, we constantly look for opportunities to encourage parents in this grand endeavor and offer a variety of resources.
Something that is Distinctively PCA is an endeavor called "Kingdom Parent Institute (KPi)," which is an opportunity for PCA parents to learn practical and biblical wisdom relative to parenting in the areas of cultural apologetics, biblical literacy, and marriage and family.
What does KPi offer parents?
- A family mission trip that parents and students can participate in together
- Through a partnership with Sky Ranch, a family camp experience in Colorado that is second-to-none
- Weekly parenting seminars, hosted by Dr. Larry Taylor and others
- In conjunction with the Life and Leadership Institute at Prestonwood Baptist Church, courses are offered each year with an intentional parenting and worldview focus
- PCA produces a monthly parenting newsletter, Counter Culture, that covers a variety of relevant worldview-related topics
- An annual Biblical Worldview Institute (BWi) training sessions offered in November are also open for parents to attend to hear some of the top thinkers on a variety of topics
- PCA has also partnered with some of the nation’s top worldview training academies to offer opportunities for adult training as well. One such partnership is Summit Ministries in Colorado Springs, CO, which has a one-week adult training seminar especially for parents looking to deepen their biblical worldview understanding.