What is life like at PCAplus?
We are excited by the future of PCAplus and how we will continue to partner with families to provide a Kingdom education. We challenge our students to think critically and Christianly. We provide service project opportunities because we know our students learn to lead through serving others. The results of a recent survey will provide a glimpse of life and learning at PCAplus.
- 96% of our families feel like our school has high expectations.
- 100% of families stated they felt like their child had an adult advocate in the school that showed an interest in his/her education and future.
- 100% of families said administrators and teachers monitor and inform parents on student learning progress.
- 97% of students felt like the purpose and expectations of the academy were clearly explained to their family.
- 94% of students feel as if the courses prepare them for their next level.
- 92% said they would recommend a PCAplus course to another student.
- More students are utilizing the Naviance Career and College Guidance service provided by PCAplus beginning in Middle School.
- The academy had an 85% retention rate from 2014-2015 to the current year.
What PCAplus Students are Saying:
- The PCAplus program influences me to act in Christ-like ways around my friends, family, home, the gym, and the community.
- My conversations and actions with my teachers and peers allow me to think and practice activities outside the norm of traditional school. I am taught to pray over my thoughts and choices during schoolwork each and every day. I also share what I am taught with my sister and cousin to help them to understand how Gods teachings work together with school and their outside activities.
- PCAplus is helping me embrace biblical truths through the Bible curriculum. This Bible course is amazing. It is helping me understand different worldviews so that I can be a better witness.
- Personally, my favorite thing about PCAplus is that everyone involved, from my family, teachers, fellow classmates and administrative staff, is so helpful in my growth as a student and as a Christian. I feel that every day I get stronger in the Lord because I’m learning how to talk to God and hear his answers.
- PCAplus teaches us to give back to our community. We learn how to manage our time and do things independently. It helps us learn skills that we can use later in life. And most importantly, we learn to diligently serve God.